Minutes 27th April 2017

 Minutes of Clehonger Parish Council Meeting held on 27th April 2017 at 7.30pm at Innesfield Community Centre

Present: Cllrs P Jeffree (Chairman), J Rees, J Harris, C Protherough (Vice Chair), A Morgan, G Savory and J Whittal

In attendance:  Mrs A Wright (Clerk) and Ward Cllr Steve Williams plus Lengthsman Paul Wright, Footpath Officer Blue Davies and one member of the public. PCSO Fiona Witcher was in attendance at the beginning of the meeting.

  1. Introduction and welcome by the Chairman

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

  1. Apologies for Absence

There were apologies received from Cllr A Davies and Cllr G Walker.

  1. Declarations of Interest

There were no declarations made.

  1. Open Session

Resident reported that the bus shelters had been pressure washed. This had followed on from confirmation made by the Clerk that the shelters should be washed. The shelter by the Oak Tree at the end of Oak Crescent was in a poor state of repair. The Lengthsman to look at the option of backing the shelter with a sheet of metal to cover the cracked part and also to cover the end of the seat pole that was visible out of the tarmac.

Another resident reported that the pavement at the entrance to the Innesfield Road was cracked and had been pushed up by tree roots. A white line had been placed around the area. Clerk to check with Balfour Beatty whether action was pending. The area could be a trip hazard.

  1. Brief Verbal Reports:

5.1 Ward Councillor.  Ward Cllr Williams reported back on the application 170325 for the removal or variation of a condition following grant of planning permission 142349. To allow the occupation of the dwellings prior to the communication of flows with the public sewer network. He advised that the application was going to be turned down by the Planning Authority. There was discussion on the plan for Welsh Water for 2020–2025 and Welsh Water had conducted a flow and load test on the site with the results going to be made known that week to Herefordshire Council. Cllr Williams would be following this up. The Cagebrook Lane was being resurfaced in May.

PCSO Fiona Witcher had circulated bulletins and she passed round some copies at the meeting. There had been some shed break-ins, with quad bike and chainsaw thefts. Some dogs and puppies had been taken from a property in Vowchurch. The PCSO reported that there had been some youths observed “playing about” on the Playing Field. The Police were keeping a watch out on this. The Speed Van had been out monitoring and PC Roger Bradley was also empowered to use a speed gun and he would be undertaking speed checks.

5.2 Friends of Clehonger Parish: Cllr Walker had sent his apologies.

5.3 Clehonger Primary School: Cllr Whittal reported that all was quiet at present.

5.4 Locality Steward details in the bulletins. Birch Hill Road and the requirement for resurfacing had again been reported. The white lines at the junction of Gosmore Road and Birch Hill Road had also been requested for repainting. The Ward Cllr and others from the members group had been meeting with Tony Johnson, the Leader of Herefordshire Council, to ask about pothole policy and why some holes had been filled while others had been left.

5.5 Lengthsman: The Lengthsman advised regarding the removal of the bin in Oak Crescent which had been the collection point for collated bags. This had been queried and an answer was awaited. It was agreed that the Lengthsman would continue to collect and dispose of the playground and bus shelter waste.

  1. To approve Minutes of the Meeting held on 16/03/17

Resolved: – It was resolved that the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 16th  March 2017, were approved by the Council and then signed by the Chairman. Minutes were proposed by Cllr Protherough and seconded by Cllr Rees. Carried

  1. Clerk update and correspondence

The Clerk updated the meeting on actions etc. taken. A thank you letter for the work carried out to improve the playing field had been received and circulated to the Parish Council. This was greatly appreciated. The Clerk would ask the Chair of the Playing Field Committee, Cllr Davies, to forward the thank you letter to other members of the Playing Field Committee.

The Clerk updated on the accounts, speeding enforcement and planning responses that had been sent.

  1. Finance

8.1 Resolved: The following list of payments were proposed by Cllr Rees, seconded by Cllr Savory and approved unanimously:

Mrs A Wright (salary £666.21, mileage £16.38, home office £50.00)                          £732.59

Longfield Services (Lengthsman – road clearance)                                £160.00

Herefordshire Housing (room hire)                                                       £48.00

Longfield Services (Lengthsman – bins and disposal)                              £48.00

Longfield Services (Footpath P3)                                                          £75.00

Herefordshire Council (Parish Freighter 3/06/17)                                  £395.00

Cllr G Savory (NDP Ink Cartridges)                                                       £40.00

Total      £1498.59                                                   

8.2 Resolved: The bank balance was noted at £16029.62 (£27,029.62 including the precept paid on 20/04/17).

8.3 To confirm appointment of internal auditor:

The Internal Audit policy scope was approved and the appointment of Mrs Pauline Price as the Internal Auditor was ratified.

  1. Planning. To receive report from Planning Working Group Leader

9.1) To consider developments re Planning Application:

170325 – Land between The Seven Stars and Gosmore Road – additional, removal or variation of a condition following grant of planning permission 142349. To allow occupation of the dwellings prior to the communication of flows with the public sewer – update

The Parish Council heard from the Ward Cllr that the application 170325 was to be refused permission.

One new application had been notified:

APPLICATION NO & SITE ADDRESS: 170817 – Clehonger Court, Clehonger, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 9SF
DESCRIPTION: Proposed livestock/general purpose building.
APPLICANT(S): Mr David Watkins
GRID REF: OS 347363, 237691
APPLICATION TYPE: Planning Permission

The Clehonger Parish Council discussed the application and commented in support of the proposal.

9.2)  Southern Link Road 151314 – update

The public footpath close to Pykeways would potentially be cut off. The Footpath Officer and the Lengthsman would review this. The pieces of land that were required for the road build were undergoing purchase discussion or would be subject to compulsory purchase orders. The orders and business case had to be finalised before funds could be released.

The Hereford Area Plan was undergoing consultation. An exhibition was in the Library and a questionnaire was available on line. It was agreed that Cllrs Protherough, Jeffree and Morgan would collaborate on a Parish Council response. They would bring any comments to the Parish Council Meeting on the 18th May.

  1. Village Matters

10.1) Consideration of Community Assets

This would be on the May 2017 Agenda.

10.2) Village Speed issues – update

Police action had been taken and would be ongoing regarding enforcement. Speed guns in use by Police Officers.       

 10.3) Clehonger Church re-ordering project

The Church Questionnaire had been distributed and forms were coming back in.

10.4) To confirm Parish Freighter date and time

The Parish Freighter would be in the Clehonger Village Hall Car Park on 3rd June 2017 from 11.00am to 1.00pm.

  1. Neighbourhood Plan – update

The Questionnaires had been distributed and were being collected. Around a 50% return had been noted. A meeting was to be arranged for the packs to be opened. This would be on Thursday 11th May from 7.00pm to 9.00pm at Innesfield.

The Clerk would book the hall and e mail the Steering Group members. It was agreed that Jim Jones would be present as an independent adjudicator. Refreshments would be served (Cllr Jeffree to arrange).

Cllr Jeffree was in discussion with analysts who could undertake the analysis of the data. Quotes would be obtained for this to ensure best value etc.

The separated Church Questionnaires would be passed to Rev. Hilary Morgan.

The Clerk would send the e mail for Chris Gooding of Data Orchard to Cllr Jeffree.

The forms would be kept securely and unopened until the 11th May. The prize draw would be held at the Parish Council Meeting on the 18th May.

  1. Playing Field – update

There had been a further incident where three children had run out from a hole in the playing field hedge in front of a driver. The Lengthsman would look at the blocking up of the holes and see what was required.

The entrance matting could now be laid as the land had dried out. Cllr Davies and the Playing Field Committee would be asked to liaise with Oliver regarding the matting.

  1. Brief Reports from Footpath Warden, HALC Rep and Tree Warden

Footpath Warden: A parishioner had advised that the Cagebrook Footpath was overgrown. Footpath Contractor would action re clearance.

HALC Rep:  No update – not present.

Tree Warden: No further update – not present. The Parish Council to fund purchase of appropriate paint to refurbish the mile posts. Cllr Savory to arrange. Metal detector may be required to locate the mile posts.

  1. Items for next Agenda (no discussion)

All of the usual items would be on the Agenda plus ideas for Community Assets consideration. The meetings would be the Annual Parish and Statutory ones.

  1. Reminder of dates of future meetings

There was a reminder of the date of the next Meetings, Annual Parish and Annual Statutory, to be held consecutively on Thursday 18th May 2017 from 7.30pm at Innesfield.

The Meeting closed at 9.20pm

Due to the confidential nature of the business of this agenda item, under the Public Bodies (Admission to Meetings) Act 1960 (3) it is proposed to put forward a motion to exclude members of the public during discussion of this agenda item

  1. To confirm National Joint Council Pay Award rate and incremental rise for Clerk from 1/04/17

The NJC Pay Award rate was agreed to be paid in the Clerk’s salary with effect from 1st April 2017.