Minutes 21st November 2013

Minutes of Clehonger Parish Council Meeting held on 21st  November 2013 at 7.30pm at Innesfield Community Centre

Present: Cllrs C Tomlinson (Chairman), P Jeffree, J Rider, J Thorne, J Hammond and C Protherough

In attendance:   Mrs A Wright (Clerk) and 9 members of the public.

  1. 1.  Introduction and welcome by the Chairman  

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

  1. 2.  Apologies for Absence

Apologies were received from Cllr Walker, Cllr Whittal and Cllr Morgan.

 

  1. 3.  Declarations of Interest

Resolved: Cllrs C Protherough, J Rider and J Hammond declared a prejudicial interest in matters relating to the Village Hall and Councillor Tomlinson declared similar in relation to Dore Community Transport.

  1. 4.  Open Session

Concerns were raised over delays getting through and into Hereford over the main roundabouts. The drainage at the Lazy Oak was now improved following complaints to the Council from the Parish Clerk and members of the public. There were new owners in the Village Shop and goodwill was extended towards them. The Belmont Golf Club was mentioned in regards to reports that it may close but may be taken over and run by the members. There was disappointment expressed over date clashes between functions in the village and requests for liaison between event organisers to minimise this happening.

The Prize draw for the Parish Plan Questionnaires was then held and an adult winner of the £50.00 prize plus a junior winner of the £20.00 prize were drawn from all of the entries made. Both prize winners had requested “no publicity” if they won so no details of the names will be published. The Clerk would arrange for the prizes to be distributed.

 

ayley

 

 

 

 

  1. 5.  Brief Verbal Reports:

5.1 Local Policing Team. Not present but bulletin was highlighted. 5.2 Ward Councillor.  Not present.

5.3 Dore Community Transport. The new vehicle had been ordered and should be ready by May 2014. An insurance offer had been made to the driver injured in the Bowling Green crash.  5.4 Clehonger Jubilee Group. No update.

5.5 Broadband Champion. No further details at present. 5.6 Church Better anti-litter signage needed. Clerk to contact the Rector.

5.7 Clehonger Primary School   

The Chair, Cllr Tomlinson, and Cllr Protherough had visited the school where they had had a productive discussion with the new head teacher. This was the new head’s first headship appointment and he was very keen to listen to concerns and suggestions and to work with community partners in the village. He listened to concerns about parking and traffic around the school and would be alerting parents/carers to these and also trying to ameliorate the situation where possible. Suggestions were discussed re ways in which improvements could be made, including parking options, vehicle sharing, “a walking bus” to school and other ideas. All parties would keep open minds on the options and would discuss further. A positive and constructive meeting all round.

 

  1. 6.  To approve minutes of the Meeting held on 17/10/13.

Resolved: – The Minutes of the meeting, held on 17th October 2013, were approved by the Council and then signed by the Chairman

 

7. Clerk Update on Action Items

The Clerk updated the meeting re the action items including improvements to the drainage at the Lazy Oak junction, the Birch Hill Road property on the junction had now had the garden overgrowth cut back. The Innesfield Meeting Room had been booked for all of the 2014 meetings, quotations had been requested for grit bins and the Breinton Parish Council had been contacted about their collaboration on Neighbourhood Plan request.

 

  1. 8.  To note correspondence

A “Thank you” letter had been received from Dore Community Transport for the donation to their funds. AON had provided advice on snow clearance matters in regards to insurance. No. 5 Innesfield had reported an environmental health issue. This was ongoing. An enquiry via the web site had been answered in regards to church records. The Clehonger Lengthsman had advised of his resignation at the end of March 2014.

Various HALC and Local Authority updates as circulated.

 

  1. 9.  Finance

9.1 Resolved: The following list of payments were approved:

Lengthsman (R. Layton Morris)                                              £110.00

Mrs A Wright – (salary £356.12 mileage £13.59, ink £12.00)                          £381.71

Tax due on salary payment (Payable to The Post Office)            £89.20

Parish Freighter Service (Herefordshire Council)                       £380.00

Herefordshire Housing (Room Hire)                                        £120.00

Herefordshire Council (7 x planning papers @£4.00)                 £28.00

Sub Total        £1108.91

Parish Planning for Real Payments

Nil this month

PP Sub Total            £0.00

Grand Total        £1108.91

9.2 Resolved: The bank balance was noted

9.3 Precept: The budget had been examined. The recommendation re the final amount requested for 2014 was deferred to the January 2014 meeting pending further discussion, and information from Herefordshire Council, re the grant allocation.

  1. 10.  Planning

Home Farm, the enquiry, lasting for 4 days, had taken place and the outcome was awaited. The developers had an expert QC and an environmentalist on side and the argument was convincing in favour of the application from their point of view. They had argued that the Council had not allocated enough land for housing and there was clearly a gap between the outgoing UDP and the not as yet ratified Core Strategy which had left the county in a vulnerable position in regards to development. Observers did not feel that the County representatives had defended the original refusal decision efficiently.

Tuck Mill Wood, the National Trust were seeking to put a small parking area in for cars and this idea was supported.

 

  1. 11.  Parish Plan

The questionnaires had seen a good return rate of around 50% of those distributed. There had been around 80 volunteers who had completed their forms saying that they would be willing to help in some way to assist the village and community. These had included such ventures as community library, gardens, good neighbour initiatives and adverse weather help.

A problem with the council’s ability to process the questionnaires, following staff cuts, had resulted in the need to choose another provider of the analysis service. Three quotes for this had been obtained and a meeting of the Steering Group had analysed the quotes and a new provider had been selected. Wye Learn would undertake the analysis on behalf of the Parish Plan Steering Group. There were decisions to be made on how the outcomes would be published.

A final quote for the playground equipment had been received from Kompan and grants would now need to be applied for.

An Adverse Weather Help Group meeting would be taking place and any volunteers were invited to come along to discuss the way forward.

Grateful thanks were extended to all those who had helped in any way with the Parish Plan work to date.

 

  1. 12.  Housing Needs Survey

The housing needs survey has taken place. This is carried out on a cyclical basis. Some surprise was expressed that it had taken place so soon after the announcement it would happen.

 

13. Grit Bins 

On going, prices awaited.

 

14. Village Matters

The defibrillator money is in and the grant has been applied for. The electricity hook-up will hopefully be done free of charge once everything has been agreed.

The freighter will be in the Village Hall Car Park on Saturday 23rd November between 11.00 and 1.00 for disposal of household waste, following disposal guidelines.

The kerbstones outside no. 31 Birch Hill Road have become loose.

 

15. Brief Reports from Footpath Warden, HALC Rep, Village Hall Rep and Tree Warden

Footpath Warden Abbey Farm, down by the pumping station, steps to be installed. It was noted that not all gates are pram accessible.

HALC Rep   Cllr Jeffree had attended the AGM. The Police gave a presentation and included information about their restructuring and reallocation of patches etc. There had been an increase in the HALC subscription rate. HVOSS gave a talk about volunteers. There was a talk on the Parish Plan and pitfalls around data analysis. There was a reminder to submit precept requests by the end of January 2014. Dave Tristram is still available for grant funding information.

Village Hall Rep   No further update

Tree Warden No further update

 

16. Items for next Agenda (no discussion)

Finalisation of Precept request for 2014

 

  1. 17.  Reminder of dates of future meetings

The next Meeting will be held on Thursday 16th January 2014, at 7.30pm, at the Innesfield Community Centre.

 

The Meeting closed at 9.07pm