Minutes 1st August 2013

Minutes of Clehonger Parish Council Meeting held on 1st August 2013 at 7.30pm at Innesfield Community Centre

Present: Cllrs C Tomlinson (Chairman), P Jeffree, A Morgan, G Walker, J Thorne, J Hammond and C Protherough

In attendance:   Mrs A Wright (Clerk), Ward Councillor David Taylor, two members of the ambulance defibrillator team and 7 members of the public.

1.  Introduction and welcome by the Chairman  

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting, including the representatives from the ambulance service who had come to talk about the defibrillator initiative.

2.  Apologies for Absence

Apologies were received from Cllrs Rider and Whittal.

3.  Declarations of Interest

Resolved: Cllrs C Protherough and J Hammond declared a prejudicial interest in matters relating to the Village Hall and Councillor Tomlinson declared similar in relation to Dore Community Transport.

4.  Open Session

There were some guest speakers present who had come to talk to the meeting about defibrillators. There was also representation from Heart Start in the form of a volunteer instructor. The representatives described what a defibrillator was and how it could be used to help reset a normal heart rhythm in someone who is suffering a heart attack. In brief the idea was to have a defibrillator stored in an especially temperature controlled and locked case and affixed to the outside of an accessible place where people could easily find it should an emergency requirement occur. The unit would require a continual supply of electricity and would need to be checked for function each week by inspection of the exterior warning light display and audible tone. The unit should not require a trained person to use it as, once opened, the unit would talk the user through the procedure. The use of the unit required connection, via phone line, to an operator who would assist and the unit would check whether, or not, a charge should be administered to the patient – once the pads had been positioned on the person’s chest. The unit would not emit a charge if it were not necessary to reset the heart rhythm. The unit does require to be kept at a constant temperature of between 5 to 8 degrees centigrade to preserve the gel on the pads. The battery life could be between 4 to 7 years and the replacement battery would cost between £150 and £250. The pads, used once only, would also need to be replaced after each use. There were different models available with some being suitable for adult patients and some for both adults and children. The actual unit could cost around £840.00 plus VAT with the cabinet being around £550.00 plus VAT and with the addition of the fitting charge. There were some units fitted locally, Peterchurch being one location. Vandalism had not proved to be a problem locally – so far. There would need to be permission to fit the unit to a suitable venue. Innesfield was a suggestion and the Clerk would enquire as to whether this could be a possibility should a unit be purchased. There would be the opportunity to raise awareness and educate people about the facility and a “go live” demo day would be arranged if one were to be installed at a venue in the locality. It may be possible to obtain some funding from a grant and donations and fund raising may contribute the balance. Overall more information would be sought before a decision was taken. Cllr Protherough would contact Dave Tristram to see if any funding was available. Thanks were extended to the ladies who had taken time to come and inform the meeting about the options.

The Clehonger Churchyard had been cleared of the huge and unsightly pile of dead flowers, plastic wrappings and other tribute debris that has built up over a number of years. This had been undertaken by the Whittal family and employees and the area had not only been cleared but also reseeded to help enable new growth of grass over the area. A big “thank you” was extended to them for the clearance. The Clerk had discussed keeping the area clear with the Reverend Dyson and some signage was in place. This may need reviewing and more permanent signage installing. Regular inspections, and rubbish clearance, would be required to keep the area clear and respected as it was believed that baby’s graves were under that spot.

The bus stop sign in Gosmore Road was obscured by a hedge. Clerk to ask Lengthsman to trim around it to clear.

There was some dismay that the recent freighter visit appeared to have been cut short by a few minutes and also some broken school toys were refused disposal as deemed trade waste. These points would be taken up with the Council (Paul West) by the Clerk.

5.  Brief Verbal Reports:

5.1 Local Policing Team.  Not present but a bulletin had been sent out warning people to watch out for individuals dumping asbestos. There had been an upsurge in this type of activity. 5.2 Ward Councillor. Cllr Taylor explained that he had supported the Core Strategy proposals. The Core Strategy had now gone away for ratification by government. He spoke of cut backs and closures to fire service stations across Herefordshire and Worcestershire but none were affected in the Golden Valley. There would be an open day coming up at the Peterchurch Fire Training Centre, with details to follow.

The road at Ruckhall Bridge was still closed and awaiting repairs. It was agreed that Cllr Taylor would forward correspondence to the Clerk and she would write to Cllr Price, in support of Eaton Bishop Parish Council, to try to move things forward and get some firm dates for the works to commence. Balfour Beatty would be taking over the highways contract from Amey from 1stSeptember 2013.

5.3 Dore Community Transport. The Berlingo was still in use and no sign of the stolen vehicle had been reported. Dore CT was still waiting for the remainder of the payments from the previous vehicle incident. 5.4 Clehonger Jubilee Group. The Village Event had taken place. It had not been very well attended due to in part to youth issues and the heat. All those who had helped, including councillors, were thanked very much for their contributions to the day. There would be some monies to be paid into the Playing Field Account from monies raised. The gardening competition was again going ahead and there had been seven entries at the time of the meeting. There would be a competition for the Innesfield Complex for OAP/Less able and prizes would be awarded, notably a £25.00 voucher from Herefordshire Housing.

5.5 Broadband Champion. Apologies for absence    Funding through Fastershire for broadband was in progress

5.6 Church. No update.

 

6.  To approve minutes of the Meeting held on 27/06/13.

Resolved: – The Minutes were approved by the Council and signed by the Chairman with one amendment to item 16 (Village Matters) with the insertion of the words “the process of “   following on from   “in”… and before “being”.

 

7. Clerk Update on Action Items

Churchyard cleared as described in open session. Dog fouling warden contacted re way forward-initiatives to follow in October. Sam Banks in Neighbourhood Planning Team contacted re development ceiling of 14%. She had stated a figure by return of 18%.

The Core Strategy response notified by SAM Banks as not received had been located as received after all. Clerk to send e mail to DCT for information.

Lisa Hughes, at the Local Authority, has been contacted re the overgrown plot of land at the end of Birch Hill Road and adjacent to the Village Hall.

A visit has been organised for the CAPI Officer from HALC, Kath Greenow, to visit the Playing Field Sub Committee’s next meeting.

 

8.  To note correspondence

HALC updates on 1st April 2013 Pay Award.

Questions from the Grant Thornton Auditor received, dealt with and thank you received.

Information from Housing Development Company

Police Questionnaire to be completed by Cllrs Jeffree, Protherough, Morgan and Walker

 

9.  Finance

9.1 Resolved: The following list of payments were approved:

Lengthsman (R. Layton Morris)                                              £200.00

Mrs A Wright – (sal £364.82 mileage£16.65)                                                     £381.47

Tax due on salary payment (Payable to The Post Office)             £91.00

Longfield Services (P3 Footpaths)                                             £64.10

Sub Total           £736.57

Parish Planning for Real Payments

Hoople Ltd (Parish Address List)                                                £10.80

PP Sub Total             £10.80

Grand Total            £747.37

9.2 Resolved: The bank balance was noted

9.3 Resolved: The new bank account signatory had been verified, Cllr P Jeffree

After discussion it was resolved by Council that a sum of £6000.00 be ring fenced and specifically earmarked for the Playing Field Development Fund. Proposed by Cllr Jeffree and seconded unanimously. This amount and any further deposits to the fund would be annotated separately on the notified balance of accounts.

10.  Planning

Two planning applications had been received for:-

1) SITE: 2 Birch Meadow, Clehonger, Herefordshire, HR2 9RH

DESCRIPTION: Proposed two storey side extension

APPLICATION NO:  131430/FH

GRID REF: OS   344905, 237499

APPLICATION TYPE: Full Householder

 

The Council returned the following comments: – The Parish Council supports the application.

 

Also:-

 

2) SITE:  Land at Windrush, school Lane, Clehonger, Hereford, HR2 9RA

DESCRIPTION: Proposed residential development

APPLICATION NO:  131387/O

GRID REF: OS   345152, 237479

APPLICATION TYPE: Outline

 

The Council returned the following comments: – There are no objections to the application but there is concern over access for the rear of the shop and access re the road and forecourt of the shop. Concern for pedestrians, many of whom are children using the shop, would prefer to see one detached property as opposed to multiple properties due to space, turning availability and amenity for other residents

 

11.  Parish Plan

The proposed questions had gone to Chris Gooding for checking for suitability for the questionnaire. There would be no resources for the group going forward due to the funding cuts. The analysis may need to be undertaken by someone in London instead. The questionnaire should be out in September and volunteers would be needed to deliver them. The MYLO Mobile Youth Led Opportunities would be coming to the Playing Field on 27th August for 2 hours. This was an invitation to all to come along and enjoy activities, sports and fun. The Madley School may be able to provide mini bus transport free for youth club members. Volunteers needed to help.

 

12.  Village Matters

Road through the village to be closed for repairs on 5th August. Pothole in Gosmore Road, beyond the farm is getting larger. Amey are handing over to Balfour Beatty so jobs should transfer, may have to wait for an update as to where repairs etc. are.

 

13. Brief Reports from Footpath Warden, HALC Rep, Village Hall Rep and Tree Warden

Footpath Warden Works as set had been carried out.

HALC Rep   Monday 29th July meeting with Matthew Edwards of Hereford Housing. He is the person to speak to for jobs in the Parish (01432 384111) re facilities management. There will be a team of people taking care of playing fields, flower beds, lengthsman scheme and churchyards. Cllr Walker would be missing two HALC meetings due to holiday and Cllr Jeffree kindly agree to stand in.

Village Hall Rep   Harvest event may be a fund raising one for the defibrillator.

Tree Warden Cllr Protherough reported that the marked up tree had gone. Information re some free trees available was passed.

 

14.  Items for next Agenda (no discussion)

Feedback re Playing Field meeting

 

15.  Reminder of dates of future meetings

The next Meeting will be held on Thursday 19th September 2013, 7.30pm at the Innesfield Community Centre.

 

The Meeting closed at 9.55pm