Minutes 19th September 2014

Minutes of Clehonger Parish Council Meeting held on 18th September 2014 at 7.30pm at Innesfield Community Centre

Present: Cllrs C Tomlinson (Chairman), J Whittal (from 8.25pm), A Morgan, J Thorne, J Hammond, J Rider, G Walker and C Protherough

In attendance:   Mrs A Wright (Clerk), Ward Councillor David Taylor and 8 members of the public.

  1. Introduction and welcome by the Chairman

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting. Cllr Whittal would be joining the meeting after attending a School Governor’s Meeting at the Primary School.

  1. Apologies for Absence

Apologies were received from Cllr P Jeffree.

  1. Declarations of Interest

Resolved: Cllrs C Protherough, J Rider and J Hammond declared a prejudicial interest in matters relating to the Village Hall and Councillor Tomlinson declared similar in relation to Dore Community Transport.

  1. Open Session

The open session commenced with a presentation about the bus service and the retention of route 39A, the Hereford to Hay route.  Mr Andrew Pearson spoke about how the route had been secured for a period of at least twelve months by people working together to raise funds to keep the bus running under a project named Hay Ho! The Group were seeking funds to keep the service running on evenings and Sundays going forward. Rail for Herefordshire, Hay Chamber of Commerce, Hay Tourism, Ramblers Association and many other contributors, including parish councils, had made up the shortfall in running costs, following subsidy cuts by Herefordshire Council on certain services. The Group were congratulated on their efforts to keep the service running. After discussion and the posing of questions such as what happens in years to follow? Are Councils being asked to precept to cover the subsidy loss? What passenger usage figures can be supplied for each parish? These issues would be addressed going forward. The Parish Council would be discussing the opportunity to make a donation towards the project, and to help keep the service running, in the Finance Section of the meeting.

  1. Brief Verbal Reports:

5.1 Local Policing Team. Not present and apologies sent. To arrange a meeting regarding evidence of drug use on the playing field

5.2 Ward Councillor. Cllr Taylor updated the meeting on the Core Strategy which had been deposited with the Inspector. There was an update on relief road initiatives and possible roundabout sitings and route options.

5.3 Dore Community Transport. Cllr Tomlinson reported that the new vehicle had been acquired. The insurance shortfall on out of pocket expenses following the accident on Bowling Green Hill had not been met on the difference between the sums expended £1157.00 and the sum offered of £750.00.

5.4 Friends of Clehonger Parish: No update

5.5 Broadband Champion. Not present, apologies

5.6 Church. No update

5.7 Clehonger Primary School   Update received later in the meeting

5.8 Village Hall A thank you was noted for the leaflets about Notice Boards and one would be purchased by the Village Hall Committee. Thanks were recorded for the Notice Board to be supplied.

5.9 Lengthsman

The Lengthsman updated the meeting as to actions taken, signs had been cleared, mowing and strimming done, junctions made safe, familiarising with drainage systems, some hidden gullies had not been cleared for many years. A Meeting would be arranged with the Locality Steward to arrange for suction/jetting to bring the gullies and drains back into service. Three main issues had been identified 1) A “tremendous” amount of litter , cans, bottles, domestic rubbish around the village areas and Church Lane (around 50 cans/bottles collected in one outing). 2) Drugs in evidence on the Playing Field (packets with residue of substance and Cannabis pictures on paper inside packets) (no needles found). 3) Dog fouling, big problem. There appear to be enough litter bins but people are not always using them. There is a broken gully cover by the footpath next to the Village Hall. The pull-in down Ruckhall Lane had nine digi-recorders dumped in the hedgerow and the Clerk had reported this to the Police. A report of a hedge requiring cutting back by 6” TO 1’ 0” along Croft Road down to the Kingstone Road, Lenghsman to review. Under the enhanced Lengthsman Scheme Parishes could be undertaking verge cutting themselves. There was discussion at this point over the exploration of arranging a “litter pick” day and a member of the public present kindly offered to co-ordinate this.

 

  1. To approve minutes of the Meeting held on 31/07/14 and the Emergency planning Meeting held on 9/09/14.

Resolved: – The Minutes of the meetings, held on 31st July 2014 and 9th September 2014, were approved by the Council and then signed by the Chairman

 

  1. Clerk Update on Action Items

The Clerk updated the meeting on actions taken including requirement to register for electronic planning consultation processes (E-Consultation). It was hoped that the Council may make a reversal of decision on this. Clerk would request that the Ward Councillor support this request.

It was also commented that following all of the work involved in returning the comments on the Gladman Application, the comments were posted to the wrong application and did not appear on the correct one until this was raised as a query by the Clerk.

Cllr Whittal joined the meeting at this point, 8.25pm.

 

  1. To note correspondence

The Clerk advised re some of the correspondence received from HALC, Herefordshire Council, and others, including a reminder about the transfer to the black bin system, and fortnightly collections of refuse, plus a reminder for all to ensure that they are registered to vote on the electoral role system. There were also updates from Balfour Beatty and a Neighbourhood Planning Newsletter. The issue of poor visibility of the road marking lines by the Stud Farm and close to Locks was raised as a matter for the Allensmore Parish Council road issues report.

Cllr Whittal updated the meeting regarding the Primary School Governor’s Meeting including the wish to set up a pre-school by January 2015, if possible, but this may not be until Easter 2015.

  1. Finance

9.1 Resolved: The following list of payments were approved:

Mrs A Wright – (salary £458.20 mileage £33.30, telephone £14.42)                                             £512.42

Tax due on salary payment (Payable to The Post Office)                                £114.20

Longfield Services (Lengthsman)                                                                 £140.00

Longfield Services (Anti vandal paint & signage supply and apply)                    £71.46

Grant Thornton (External Audit Fee)                                                            £120.00

Herefordshire Council (playground inspection)                                                £54.72

Herefordshire Housing (room hire)                                                                £36.00

Total         £1048.80

9.2 Resolved: The bank balance was noted. Cllr Tomlinson left the meeting for consideration of the donation to Dore Community Transport. The donations to Dore Community Transport, the Churchyard and the Bus Service initiative were considered and amounts were resolved to be awarded, as donations, as follows: Dore Community Transport £650.00, Clehonger Parish Church (churchyard upkeep) £650.00. These were proposed by Cllr Walker and seconded by Cllr Thorne. The Hay Ho! Bus Service was awarded £50.00 (without prejudice and made payable to Hay Tourism Group (no.2 Account).

  1. Planning

The response to the Gosmore Road to Seven Stars application would be revised, taking on board the comments from the meeting, and submitted to the Planning Department.

Further planning applications had been received and comments to be returned would be notified by Cllr Whittal, by e mail, for the following applications:

Planning Application No. P142423/F: Land to rear of Bine Cottage, Clehonger

 

Planning Application No. P142443/O: Land adjacent to Garnom Bungalow, Clehonger

 

Comments had been returned for:

Site:                       Land adjacent to Glasnant House, Clehonger, Hereford, HR2 9SL

Description:            Proposed erection of four dwellings and construction of vehicular access

Applicants:             Mr A Haines

Application No:       P141905/O

Grid Ref:                OS 345260, 237714

Application Type:   Outline

 

The Parish Council of Clehonger wish to make the following comments regarding the application: “The proposed development is acceptable in both size and it’s location, however it is difficult to support because it will inevitably become part of the proposed larger development. Access is an issue, there would be two accesses onto the main road linked internally within the development which is potentially hazardous, If the driveway is going to be used as the second entrance it is not wide enough.”

Also:

Planning Application P142434/RM  Land at Windrush, School Lane, Clehonger

 

With regard to the above application, the Clehonger Parish Council would like to comment as follows:

“We accept the revised design and details on materials, but all things considered, a bungalow construction may well be more appropriate on the site. It would be less obtrusive and not overlook the neighbouring properties.”

 

  1. Consultation on Traveller Site Provision

Herefordshire Council were holding a consultation on the legal requirement to provide sites for travellers and travelling showmen etc. The Parish Council had no comment to make at this time.

 

  1. Village Matters

The Parish Freighter would be in the Village Hall Car Park on Saturday 4th October between 11.00 am and 1.00pm. Notice boards held details of items suitable for disposal.

The Playing Field hedge required a cut and Cllr Tomlinson would liaise with Mr Sanders to arrange this.

 

  1. Neighbourhood Plan and Parish Plan developments update

The Neighbourhood Plan Application to Designate a Neighbourhood Plan Area Form had been completed and a letter drafted to send to the Poplar Road residents. The letter would be signed by the Chairs of both Clehonger and Allensmore Parish Councils and then distributed.

The Parish Plan draft would be circulated to all Parish Councillors to review and comment. The paper required reformatting and the Parish Council agreed that the easiest approach should be taken on presentation if incorporating the tables was proving difficult to achieve. On the Playing Field front on the whole it was good news with Awards for All grant money now in the bank and other funding in the pipeline. A further cheque from the Coffee Morning fundraising was presented at this point and many thanks for the continued efforts on fund raising were recorded. A race night was planned for the 26th September and grant funding for planting was being investigated too. A locked box to store sports equipment had now been placed outside the shop and a book to sign to borrow the contents was being held in the shop with the kind co-operation of the shop keeper. Cricket, rounders and tennis sets were all available.

 

  1. Bus Service Review and application re funding

This was discussed under Finance at item 9.0 and during the Open Session

 

  1. Computer Finance Software and hard drive – possible acquisition

Cllr Jeffree was not present so the Software update was deferred. The Chair relayed a bad experience with an external hard drive facility and it was considered that memory sticks would be a safer option with the “Kingston” Brand being a recommendation.

 

  1. Brief Reports from Footpath Warden, HALC Rep, Village Hall Rep and Tree Warden

Footpath Warden: The Locality Steward would be contacted to liaise regarding materials for the proposed walkway by the pumping station.

HALC Rep: No further update

Tree Warden: Would be carrying out a tree audit in the near future

 

  1. Items for next Agenda (no discussion)

Neighbourhood Plan, Parish Plan update, Computer software

 

  1. Reminder of dates of future meetings

The next Meeting will be held on Thursday 23rd October 2014, at 7.30pm, at the Innesfield Community Centre.

 

The Meeting closed at 10.00pm