Minutes 19th October 2017

 Minutes of Clehonger Parish Council Meeting held on 19th October 2017 at 7.30pm at Innesfield Community Centre

Present: J Rees, A Morgan, C Protherough (Vice Chair), J Whittal, J Harris, G Walker and A Davies

In attendance:  Mrs A Wright (Clerk), Ward Cllr Steve Williams plus Lengthsman Paul Wright, Footpath Warden Blue Davies and 4 members of the public.

  1. Introduction and welcome by the Chairman

The Vice Chairman, Cllr Protherough was in the Chair and she welcomed everyone to the meeting. The Vice Chair explained that she would be covering for the Chair during his absence.

  1. Apologies for Absence

There were apologies received from Cllr P Jeffree and Cllr G Savory.

  1. Declarations of Interest

There were no declarations made.

  1. Open Session to include Village Speeding

The Open Session heard from members of the public about the proposal for a pipeline to be laid across the playing field. There was a discussion about the situation that had arisen when a previous connection had been made and solicitors had been involved at the time. The issue of liability and possible future implications were also aired. Cllr Whittal arrived at 7.40pm having advised that she may be later in attending the Parish Council Meeting due to a previous engagement overlapping.

It was agreed that the item regarding the proposal by Persimmon Homes to lay pipe work across the Playing Field be brought forward on the Agenda. The Parish Council had looked at and discussed the proposal and it was resolved, unanimously, that they would not be entering into negotiation with Persimmon about permission for easement to facilitate the installation across any part of the playing field.

Correspondence had been sent to the Planning Authority, on behalf of the Parish Council, to highlight the concerns raised about the density of the proposed development by Persimmon Homes, and to convey other aspects of concern, about the planning application, on the Seven Stars to Gosmore Road site.

Village Speeding. The Village was now participating in the Community Concern programme and would be receiving regular speed checks. Signs were up, on the appropriate approach roads, to advise drivers of the Community Concern programme.

A letter from a member of the public, by the Cage Brook, had been referred to the Community Speed Watch Team and assessments of the situation were being undertaken by the Community Speed Watch Team and the Ward Cllr would be encouraging the Highways Engineer Ray Wallace to also look at what could be done at the location. The policy for highway mirrors was still pending.

A summary of the speed initiatives undertaken so far would be prepared for Tracking the News for a future edition.

A member of the public raised the concern about signs on the fence line at the “Lousy Oak” Junction. The Clerk would contact Enforcement about this.

Cllr Walker highlighted a plan by Octopus Energy where a Breathe Life Campaign was being run, in conjunction with schools, to plant 1000 new trees. Cllr Whittal would advise the Clehonger School about the scheme.

  1. Brief Verbal Reports:

5.1 Ward Councillor.  Ward Cllr Williams advised that he was chasing up the mirrors policy with Ray Wallace the Highways Engineer. He had followed up the issues raised regarding parking in the area around The Bines and a Cabinet member was looking at this on 14/10/17. The Ward Cllr was setting a date to meet with the Locality Steward to discuss issues at the Vallets Farm. The Ward Cllr highlighted the Boundary Review and noted that the area around Belmont Abbey could be absorbed into the Belmont Rural Parish. This may then impact the precept funding. The Ward Cllr relayed how he had escorted, by taxi, four VIP Canary Girls to Downing Street to meet the Prime Minister. The combined age of the four guests was 378. The party had enjoyed tea and cakes with Mrs May the PM.

5.2 Friends of Clehonger Parish: Cllr Walker advised that the daffodil bulbs had been received and they had been planted. The bare rooted trees and plants were to come. The fund raising Cheese and Wine Party would take place on Friday 20th October from 7.30pm at Innesfield. Tickets were available.

5.3 Clehonger Primary School: Cllr Whittal reported that the school had advised that the weed killing product, used on the playing field earlier in the year, was a certified suitable product. The grass cutting would be followed up and the application of the weed killer was noted regarding some of the adverse effects to the trees etc.

5.4 Locality Steward details in the bulletins.

5.5 Lengthsman: The Lengthsman updated the meeting regarding a blocked gully at the Vallets Farm.

  1. To approve Minutes of the Parish Council Meetings held on 21st September 2017

Resolved: – It was resolved that the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on the 21st September 2017, were approved by the Council and then signed by the Chairman. Minutes were proposed by Cllr Davies and seconded by Cllr Morgan. Carried

  1. Clerk update and correspondence

The Clerk updated the meeting on actions etc. taken. Correspondence had been circulated and included:

Dear Chief Executive and Electoral Services Officers,

I write to inform you about the next stage of the 2018 Parliamentary Constituency Boundary Review. I can confirm that we intend to publish our Revised proposals for new constituency boundaries on Tuesday 17 October 2017. We will consult on these proposals for eight weeks, until 11 December 2017. This will be the last consultation during this review of constituencies, and the last chance to contribute your views to the Commission on the best pattern of constituencies to recommend to Parliament when we conclude our review next year, as we are statutorily obliged to do.

As when we consulted on our initial proposals last year, we rely heavily on local authorities to assist us in publicising the consultation, so we can engage with as many citizens as possible. We will be working with the Local Government Association and preparing a partner pack full of resources for you and your colleagues to use – I would very much appreciate it if you could help us in any way to spread the message that this is the last chance for people to have their say on our proposals. Unlike last year’s consultation, we will not be hosting public hearings across the country – there is no provision to allow this in our governing legislation. All the information people need to see our proposals and contribute to the review will be on our website, at www.bce2018.org.uk, from 17 October 2017.

If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Best wishes,

Roger

Roger Winter | Review Manager

Boundary Commission for England

35 Great Smith Street | London | SW1P 3BQ

t: 020 7276 2124

Dear Parish/Town Clerk

Please find attached a statement from Herefordshire Council regarding Blueschool House.

Dear Parish/Town Clerk

Please find attached a press release being sent on behalf of the Marches Energy Agency (Keep Herefordshire Warm). Many of your residents may be interested in applying for a grant if they meet the criteria.

Three items to tempt and delight (we hope) your residents:

Dating Photographs workshop – Saturday 14th October

House History course – Monday 16th October

Performance of “My Dearest Girls” – Thursday 9th November

As ever, please book if you’d like to come, and also help spread the word to others who might be interested.

HARC Bookings – for events at HARC and Learning Room hire

HARC (Herefordshire Archive & Records Centre)

Fir Tree Lane, Rotherwas, Hereford HR2 6LA

01432 260750

The Clerk also reported that the potholes in Birch Hill Road, where a councillor had fallen, had been repaired immediately following a call to the Locality Steward. He had surveyed the situation and then recommended and attained remedial filling works the following day. It was resolved that a letter of appreciation for this be sent to Balfour Beatty. Clerk would action.

  1. Finance

8.1 Resolved: The following list of payments were proposed by Cllr Whittal, seconded by Cllr Morgan and approved unanimously:

Mrs A Wright (salary £552.80, tax refund £69.00 mileage £11.16, home office £50.00)          £682.96

Longfield Services (Lengthsman)                                                              £53.00

Herefordshire Housing (room hire)                                                           £16.00

Total      £751.96                                        

8.2 Resolved: The bank balance was noted at £31088.90.

  1. Planning.

9.1) Southern Link Road 151314 – update re position

The Compulsory Purchase Orders for the SLR had still not been finalised. The decision on this had been moved from an October date and would now take place at a meeting in November. There had still not been a business case presented to release the funding for the project.

9.2) Communication from Persimmon Homes – to discuss

        This item was discussed and the Parish Council resolved not to negotiate with Persimmon Homes to grant easement for a pipe line to be installed on any part of the playing field. Further details under Agenda item 4.

Planning Application received for:

APPLICATION NO & SITE ADDRESS: 173683 – Tuck Mill Cottage, Eaton Bishop, Hereford, Herefordshire HR2 9QQ
DESCRIPTION: Proposed extension in place of timber structures
APPLICANT(S): Mr D Capps
GRID REF: OS 345611, 239242
APPLICATION TYPE: Full Householder

The Parish Council considered the proposals in application 173683 and resolved that there were no objections. This would be conveyed to the Planning Department.

Bridge Sollers Road. Details of a consultation by ADL Traffic Ltd regarding a weight limit restriction, and possible speed limit enforcement, on the Bridge Sollers to Madley Road would be forwarded for the Parish Council’s consideration.

  1. Village Matters including defibrillator and listing plus issues with bins

The list of responders for the defibrillator was being collated. The registration fee, currently £99.00 plus VAT and payable annually, would be met by the Parish Council. The resolution to do this was unanimous.

The bin in Oak Crescent had been removed even though it had been well used. Many villages had been similarly affected by bin removal. Consideration would be given to larger bins at the bus stops and the one in Oak Crescent was really a required bin. The Ward Cllr had been trying to find out why it had been removed.

The Parish Freighter would be in the Village Hall car park from 11.00 am to 1.00 pm on Saturday 21st October. Cllr Morgan, of the Clehonger Parish Council, kindly agreed to be in attendance on the morning.

The end of the road U73200 with the junction of the A465 required reflectors to make the turning visible after dark. The Clerk would contact the Locality Steward concerning this.

  1. Neighbourhood Plan
  2. i) Update on Clehonger Plan and Questionnaire analysis

A date to arrange for the handover of the Questionnaires and an update from the analyst would be set.

The whereabouts of the church reordering Questionnaires would be followed up.

  1. Playing Field – update

The shelter required re-coating with “anti climb” paint. The Lengthsman would deal with this. The matting at the entrance was awaiting installation and this would be followed up. Grant applications for future projects were temporarily on hold.

  1. Brief Reports from Footpath Warden, HALC Rep and Tree Warden

Footpath Warden: The Warden advised that walkers using the paths should wear good footwear.

HALC Rep:  No update at this time.

Tree Warden: The Tree Warden had sent his apologies.

  1. Items for next Agenda (no discussion)

All of the usual items would be on the Agenda plus precept and budget for 2018 – 2019.

  1. Reminder of dates of future meetings

There was a reminder of the date of the next Ordinary Parish Council Meeting to be held on Thursday 16th November 2017 from 7.30pm at Innesfield.

The Meeting closed at 9.20pm