Minutes 19th January 2022

Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting of Clehonger Parish Council held on 19th January 2022 from 7.30 pm at the Clehonger Village Hall

Present:, C Protherough (Chair), K Langdon, W Watkins, Jenny Whittal, Jim Jones, Alison Davies
In attendance: Blu Davies and two members of the public.

1. Introduction and welcome by the Chair
Cllr Carole Protherough (Chair) welcomed everyone to the meeting.

2. Co-option of councillor and signing of forms
Nick Rider stated that he wanted to join the Parish Council and confirmed he had a property in the village. He was welcomed by the Councillors. He was unable to complete paperwork as the Parish Clerk was absent. This will be forwarded to him.

3. To receive Apologies for Absence
There were apologies for absence received from Cllr J Harris, Sue Savory, Alison Wright

4. To note Declarations of Interest
There were no declarations of interest made.

5. Open Session

The Parish Council were asked if a bereavement notice could be put on the Parish Council website. Condolences were made but it was thought unlikely this would be allowed. Wendy Watkins offered to help put it on the Parish Forum and suggested the Parish Council website showed a link to the forum.
6. Brief Verbal Reports:

(6.1) Ward Councillor: Cllr David Hitchiner was not in attendance.

(6.2) Footpath Officer: The Footpath Officer reported that the footpaths were mainly clear apart from some mud. Cllr Protherough reported that there were now sheep in one of Phil Griffiths’ fields which has a public footpath running through it.

(6.3) Tree Warden: The Tree Warden was not present at the meeting but sent two e-mails, one about the oaks in Gosmore Road and one about traffic measures which will be discussed at the next meeting. Balfour Beatty have been to look at the trees and hey have been condemned.Cllr jones reported that he had spoken to a man by the oak trees who told him they were in a dangerous state and needed to come down as soon as possible.
7.0 Playing Field
(7.1) Cllr Davies apologised that there hadn’t been a recent Playing field committee meeting, but she had been ill since early December. One was scheduled.
(7.2) This decision was held over to the next meeting after discussion. Proposed by Cllr Whittal and agreed by Councillors. Paul Wright to be asked to look at suitable positioning.
(7.3) This will be removed before the end of February.

8. To approve Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held on 17th November 2021
It was resolved that the Minutes of the Meeting, held on 17th November 2021, at the Hall, were approved by the Council.

9. Information and correspondence
Paul Norris, Locality Steward has circulated his reports.
West Mercia Police – newsletter circulated on receipt by Clerk.
Cllr Davies read out correspondence from Ian Connolly re Police meeting in October.

10. Finance and Policies
(10.1) Resolved: The following list of payments were approved:
Mrs A Wright (paid in accordance with contract)
Longfield Services (Lengthsman/Bins) £287.10
Eyelid productions (web site services) £30.00
HALC £996.34
NP Kingsford (village Map) £220.00
TOTAL £2253.55

(10.2) Resolved: The bank balance was noted at £37,098.36

(10.3) Consideration of Donations

Cllr Watkins asked that this be deferred until the next meeting. This was agreed.

11. Planning.

There were no planning issues to discuss.

12. Village Matters (brief action points on matters not covered elsewhere)

The drain by the Topshop and School Lane is blocked and there has been flooding there, causing muddy pavements. AW to contact Paul Norris.

Cllr Jones had very kindly repaired the broken fence on the playing field.

13. To consider possible items for road improvement matters and items to be considered in regard to highway safety and speeding in the village (including any correspondence on this topic)
Visit by Road Safety Advisor and Locality Steward – road safety measures/speeding
This was covered by letter from Ian Connolly, in correspondence.
14. To discuss how to engage with the community in relation to the revised Herefordshire Local Plan Consultation
This had been placed on the forum for any comments with a link to the current Core Strategy.

15. To discuss possible visit from Wilder Herefordshire Representative
Resolved – no visit wanted.

16. Items for next Agenda (no discussion)
All of the usual items would be on the Agenda. Interactive appraisal for future agenda

17. Reminder of dates of future meetings
The next Meeting of the Parish Council would be held on Wednesday 16th February 2022, from 7.30pm, at the Clehonger Village Hall.

The Meeting closed at 9.00 PM.