Minutes 17th October 2013

Minutes of Clehonger Parish Council Meeting held on 17th October 2013 at 7.30pm at Innesfield Community Centre

Present: Cllrs C Tomlinson (Chairman), P Jeffree, A Morgan, J Rider, J Whittal (Vice Chair), J Thorne, J Hammond and C Protherough

In attendance:   Mrs A Wright (Clerk), Ward Councillor David Taylor, and 13 members of the public.

1.  Introduction and welcome by the Chairman  

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting.

2.  Apologies for Absence

Apologies were received from Cllr Walker.

3.  Declarations of Interest

Resolved: Cllrs C Protherough, J Rider and J Hammond declared a prejudicial interest in matters relating to the Village Hall and Councillor Tomlinson declared similar in relation to Dore Community Transport.

4.  Open Session

The issue of water lying at the junction of the A465 and the B4349 at the Lazy Oak was raised and water had been right over to the other side of the road, causing cars to cross right over to avoid it. The Clerk would write again and reiterate the potentially dangerous situation. Reply had been received to complaint re trailer and waste permit issues. Detail is repeated here for information:-

Dear Alison,

Your query has recently been forwarded to me, sorry for any delay in response.

The new rules which came into force on the 1 October 2013 will impact on those residents who currently use permits on a regular basis as it will restrict those users to 12 tips per year. The other major restriction is the limit on those using double axel trailers which are now prevented from using the sites. I agree that this is not easy for those who have become used to using the sites, similar to when the permit system was first introduced in 2006. Then as now the reasons are the same, we experience significant abuse by businesses at our Household Waste Sites, and we have to do something to limit this abuse. The permit system is not ideal as it targets legitimate users as well as those unlawfully depositing their waste, however it is low cost and at a time when the council is reducing staffing numbers and enforcement staff it is all we can afford.  Commercial vehicles and trailers are targeted as they are more likely to be using them for a business use as well as domestic use. Furthermore the sites themselves are not designed for large vans and trailers as they are designed for the average householder not for commercial use. The size, particularly the length of trailers does cause hold ups at the sites as those using them block access routes and parking areas designed for small vehicles. Further to the above I attach a response from Worcestershire County Council who designed and administer the permit system.

The Freighter was again required and dates would be supplied for consideration.

The situation regarding Gosmore Road and school parking was raised. Obstructions may make children vulnerable to being hit if they step out from behind them. The Chair and Vice Chair, plus another councillor, would be meeting with the Head teacher to discuss issues around parking etc. It was hoped that the head may be able to influence good practice re parking by the parents. The Police may be out to patrol around 3.00pm to check that parking restrictions are being observed, they can prosecute if yellow lines etc. are not observed. The Village Hall car park is an option for dropping off only, cars may not be left in there all day.

 

5.  Brief Verbal Reports:

5.1 Local Policing Team. Not present 5.2 Ward Councillor.  Cllr Taylor gave an update on Ward matters and expressed concern over proposed cuts to the Fire Service. The Fire Authority is proposing reductions in the number of fire appliances, as they need to make savings of £2.7 million. All residents have the opportunity to respond and ask for the service to be retained in as entire a state as possible. It may be an option to write to Jesse Norman to request that the underfunding of Hereford and Worcester, in particular reference to the Fire Service, is addressed. Concerns were raised over the closure of Newmarket Street for carriageway developments. Clerk would seek clarification from Cllr P Price on this subject.

5.3 Dore Community Transport. The Eveson Trust has given money towards a new vehicle. Herefordshire Council have not yet decided how much grant Community Transport groups will receive in the next financial year. There is still no news of the stolen vehicle or resolution in regard to the claim in relation to the Bowling Green accident.  5.4 Clehonger Jubilee Group. No update.

5.5 Broadband Champion. No further details at present. 5.6 Church No update.

5.7 Clehonger Primary School   There have been 27 new starters this term

 

6.  To approve minutes of the Meeting held on 19/09/13.

Resolved: – The Minutes of the meeting, held on 19th September 2013, were approved by the Council and then signed by the Chairman

7. Clerk Update on Action Items

The Clerk updated the meeting re the action items including highways instructions, especially Lazy Oak and Birch Hill Road surface and potholes, defibrillator permission at Innesfield, waste and trailer permits, lengthsman questionnaire, setting dates and booking room for 2014 meetings, sending thank you letters for playing field grant payments.

8.  To note correspondence

Including: – a letter from Breinton Parish Council re joining up to undertake a Neighbourhood Plan. Clerk to write to Breinton Parish Council to say that there no wish to join up to undertake this at this point in time. Also received were a Neighbourhood Plan Questionnaire (completed at the meeting for return), Dog Control paper, Precept Grant papers. The Chair had met with a representative of the Jephson Housing Association and they had together visited and inspected five properties in the parish.

 

9.  Finance

9.1 Resolved: The following list of payments were approved:

Lengthsman (R. Layton Morris)                                              £150.00

Mrs A Wright – (salary £290.94 mileage£6.66, home office £50.00)             £347.60

Tax due on salary payment (Payable to The Post Office)            £72.60

Donation to Dore Community Transport                                  £650.00

Donation to Clehonger Parish Church (grounds upkeep)            £650.00

Donation to defibrillator (£200.00 from PC + £100.00 public)     £300.00

Sub Total        £2170.20

Parish Planning for Real Payments

Nil this month

PP Sub Total            £0.00

Grand Total        £2170.20

9.2 Resolved: The bank balance was noted

Clerk confirmed that the new signatory was fully set up with RBS.

 

10.  Planning

There had been notification of the revised appeal details for the Home Farm Application on Belmont. The inquiry would be held from the 12th November onwards, for a period of up to four days, at the Town Hall, Hereford.

 

11.  Parish Plan

The questionnaires had been distributed and the final collection date had now passed. The return rate had been very good. A date would now need to be set to open them, and send them off for analysis, plus the prize draw would need to be held. The Hereford Council would be analysing the outcomes and producing a summary of the results. Interpretation of the results may be required, if not fully provided.

The Playing Field Sub Committee had met and looked at the Kompan plans and a new plan had been evaluated. A final figure from Kompan about the likely overall cost would be obtained and advice re funding applications and which to apply for first would be sought from Dave Tristram at Herefordshire Council. Other fund raising events were planned including a Christmas tea on 8thDecember for £5.00 per head.

 

12.  Village Matters

The dog issue had escalated with reports of a postman being bitten. This had been reported to the Post Office and to the Police. Information about dangerous dogs was read out by the Clerk. Incidents should be reported to the police.

A vote of thanks to Audrey and the team who had provided a very good harvest supper at a fund raising event in aid of the defibrillator fund.

Suitable dates for the freighter would be advised by Audrey and this would then be arranged.

 

13. Defibrillator 

The fund raising activities for the defibrillator had been a major success story. The funding raised was as follows: – Public donations £340.00, Harvest Supper £375.00, Clehonger Parish Council donation £200.00 and Village Hall donation £200.00. Grand Total in the fund so far £1115.95. Herefordshire Housing are amenable to the unit being fitted at Innesfield and an approach will be made to them to perhaps help fund the installation costs. All in all the efforts to raise money for the purchase have been a triumph and the idea is now almost a reality. Congratulations to all concerned for all of their efforts to raise the funds. It may be possible for a heart start course to be arranged. Details to be explored.

 

14. Brief Reports from Footpath Warden, HALC Rep, Village Hall Rep and Tree Warden

Footpath Warden No further update

HALC Rep   No further details apart from forthcoming meeting dates.

Village Hall Rep   Village Hall update details were given earlier in the meeting

Tree Warden No further update

 

15.  Items for next Agenda (no discussion)

Parish Plan update, Precept

 

16.  Reminder of dates of future meetings

The next Meeting will be held on Thursday 21st November 2013, 7.30pm at the Innesfield Community Centre. There will not be a meeting in December. The dates for 2014 are as follows:-  All Thursdays:- 16 Jan, 20 Feb, 20 March, 24 April, 29 May, 26 June, 31 July, 18 Sept, 23 Oct, 27 Nov 2014.

 

The Meeting closed at 9.45pm